Question Very high disk (HDD) usage on any activity after installing new GPU Windows 10

Apr 6, 2020
Hi, I've been trying to find the solution to a problem I've had in my pc for almost a month now. The issue started right after installing the GPU my friend gifted to me and is that after certain actions (such as opening steam, or alt + tabing out of a game) or even random moments my screen would freeze, but I would still be able to hear sounds (like my friends talking with me on discord, note that they also can hear me) and move my cursor, after a few seconds the cursor might or might not freeze as well and nothing can be done other than force a reset. I tried a lot of solutions I found on internet, nothing worked so I just straight up reinstalled windows 10, which seemed to fix the problem for a couple of days, but now it's been happening again and I noticed that it freezes whenever the disk usage reaches around 100% usage. It's not even a constant percentage tho, it peaks at 100% when starting apps and then slowly lowers back to 0-1%, and things like Chrome make it peak at about 60%, normal folders make it peak at around 23%. I've been trying a lot of things such as disabling superfetch, updating my GPU drivers and my OS, disabling all apps to open on startup, disabling prefetcher from RegEdit, defragmenting the disk, and many others that I don't remember right now. I'm posting here cuz this is a very specific error that I haven't found anywhere yet and I don't know what to do, I'm already thinking on buying a new Disk.
Anyways, here are my specs and I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Motherboard: GA-H110M-H
CPU: Intel core i5-7400 3.00GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 350
RAM: 8GB
HDD: WDC WD10EZEX (1TB)