[SOLVED] Very High-End PC Running half the expected speed

MattRBX

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
Every time i boot up csgo or any other decently resource intensive game i get <Mod Edit> fps ever like i run csgo on the absolute lowest settings only barely running my 144hz monitor when i expected about 300-350fps casually

i have done everything from
re-installing drivers to literally formatting my whole pc NOTHING WORKED please help

Hardware:
CPU: i7-8700
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Super
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
PSU: Corsair CX750 (750watt psu)
MB: AsRock B360M-HDV
SSD: Kingston 500GB (M.2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hmmmm, Well, you have a pretty good gaming PC, however you have hobbled it with 8gbs of ram. What are the ram modules, can you link them?

Is it 1 x 8gb stick or 2 x 4gb sticks? Either way for that system, 8gbs sucks for gaming at high res.

At 1080p most new games use upwards of 8gbs system ram. If your ram is slow, lets say 2400mhz, that will slow your PC down. It can butcher frame rates. As can having only 8gbs system ram. Once your ram fills up it uses the virtual mem, and that kills FPS.
Hmmmm, Well, you have a pretty good gaming PC, however you have hobbled it with 8gbs of ram. What are the ram modules, can you link them?

Is it 1 x 8gb stick or 2 x 4gb sticks? Either way for that system, 8gbs sucks for gaming at high res.

At 1080p most new games use upwards of 8gbs system ram. If your ram is slow, lets say 2400mhz, that will slow your PC down. It can butcher frame rates. As can having only 8gbs system ram. Once your ram fills up it uses the virtual mem, and that kills FPS.

Solution

MattRBX

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019

its a corsair vengeance 8gb stick (1 stick) dont know the exact model
i game at 1080p 144hz
and i pretty much only play csgo and minecraft so... not anything too big

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
its a corsair vengeance 8gb stick (1 stick) dont know the exact model
i game at 1080p 144hz
and i pretty much only play csgo and minecraft so... not anything too big
And there we might have the problem. You are running single channel RAM and expect your cpu to put up high fps. You get double the bandwidth if you use two sticks in dual channel. I would get a 2x8 ddr 4 kit while they are cheap.