[SOLVED] Very high fan noise in CPU cooler!

ghamrawy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
Hello,
I have the Phanteks U-Type Dual Tower Heat-Sink CPU Cooler PH-TC12DX, White and one of the fans has been causing a very high noise, tried cleaning and reinstalling it but nothing, what else can i do and what might cause this problem? and if i am to replace it, what is a recommended fan?

Thank you all, appreciate your help

Solution
There is no "average" for a cpu,you got idle temps and load temps,depends on the load how high they get.There are max temps,you can google your cpu to find out what these are.

Good tool,

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".
If you don't check senors only will all it is open,can give some good info about your pc. In the top window (System Summary) can you check all kinds of info,like what your ram is doing=>speed/timings,what bios you're on etc. In the main window can you still click "sensors" at the left top,the sensor window will open then.

ghamrawy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Thank you for your reply,
what app do you recommend to view temps? and what is an average temp for a CPU?
my warranty is sadly over.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
There is no "average" for a cpu,you got idle temps and load temps,depends on the load how high they get.There are max temps,you can google your cpu to find out what these are.

Good tool,

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".
If you don't check senors only will all it is open,can give some good info about your pc. In the top window (System Summary) can you check all kinds of info,like what your ram is doing=>speed/timings,what bios you're on etc. In the main window can you still click "sensors" at the left top,the sensor window will open then.

Solution