AntaresSQ01

Reputable
Oct 10, 2016
Hi all,
Wondering what the issue could be, if it's even an issue,
I've got about 3GB ram usage with a fresh start and about 5.5GB ram usage with all the standard stuff open, a couple tabs of chrome, steam, discord, iCUE. But 5.5GB seems insanely high when I also have a system with 4GB ram that with similar amounts of stuff open is around 2GB. Is my system using more ram just cos it can? Or is there any option to clean up useless services? I haven't done a deep scrub but I have no bloatware on my PC that I know of, done malware/adware scans, nothing there, just a load of small windows services and couple stuff here and there. Even with all the usuals shut down, like iCUE, Steam, no Browser open etc, etc I still can't get it below 3GB ram usage which seems really high even for Win 10 when compared to it my 4GB system on a fresh start uses in the region of 900MB.. If you need any pictures I'll provide them but if it's something obvious i'm just gonna hold on with it.

Thanks for any help!

Specs are:
CPU: i7 7700K @ 4.50 GHZ
Motherboard: MSI Z270-A Pro
Ram: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 @2933MHZ
SSD/HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SATA
Samsung HD204UI 2TB
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
PSU: Corsair CX600M
Chassis: Corsair Graphite Series 230T

Lutfij

Titan
Seems like you're on a memory leak issue, courtesy of an OS corruption. Before you try and reinstall your OS, you might want to see if you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then create the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools to rule out a corrupt installer.

AntaresSQ01

Reputable
Oct 10, 2016
Seems like you're on a memory leak issue, courtesy of an OS corruption. Before you try and reinstall your OS, you might want to see if you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then create the bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools to rule out a corrupt installer.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OS is corrupt. Can the WMCT repair the OS without having to reinstall? I updated my BIOS a while back but it seems there's been some minor updates since then, I'm running 7A71v14 but since then 7A71v16 is out.