Very high speed internet but low download speed

Solution
Could be a limitation on the Steam servers. They have thousands of people accessing the servers at a given time, so there might be a cap on it.

Try downloading a file from another server or site. If it's also limited, the issue might be on your ISP's side. If it's not limited, it's probably on Steam's side.

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
Could be a limitation on the Steam servers. They have thousands of people accessing the servers at a given time, so there might be a cap on it.

Try downloading a file from another server or site. If it's also limited, the issue might be on your ISP's side. If it's not limited, it's probably on Steam's side.

Solution

pm4

Honorable
Apr 28, 2014
Max download speed may vary between different steam games. I got 250/100 connection and some of steam games use up all download and some just small part of it. Generally bigger "hit" games can download faster. Probably some internal steam allocation of bandwidth.

Also what is your upload speed or are you running some upload intensive operation during download (like torrents for example)? If yes try to turn them off and try again, it may help.

oscarcusin

Reputable
Jan 24, 2016

I have 120 mbit/s upload and no I am not torrenting anything while downloading on Steam. I will try with different games :)