Question Very High Temps, need help.

Sep 20, 2019
I have very high temps on my computer and could use some help. I have tried re-applying thermal paste, checking for airlocks, reseating the heatsync, Cleaning the radiator / fan.

The AIO I have is a Mastercooler ML120L RGB, which I believe is still running because I feel a vibration within the tubes, and my CPU is an I7-8700K.

Here are some pictures of my temperatures:
ASUSTeK Computer
CPU Temps

Not sure I maybe need a new pump, or if there is another way I can fix this issue. Thanks!

Sep 20, 2019
The I7 8700k is never going to have good temperatures on a 120mm AIO. The I7 8700k runs pretty warm and a small AIO is not adequate.

But at idle I wouldnt not expect 96c. I suspect the pump may have failed.

The fans on the radiator are still moving and blowing out cool air and I feel a vibration but maybe it’s from the fan moving. Could possibly another component in my pc be running to hot / not be working properly and causing cpu issues or would it strictly just be a pump issue?

The fans on the radiator are still moving and blowing out cool air and I feel a vibration but maybe it’s from the fan moving. Could possibly another component in my pc be running to hot / not be working properly and causing cpu issues or would it strictly just be a pump issue?
easiest way to see if pump is working on aio is:
turn pc off.

disconnect fan header so fan isnt powered, but aio is still attached to cpu. (this lets u get rid of any possible fan vibration)

turn pc on and go into bios (so no big/medium load will hit cpu) and then feel both tubes and check for the feel of flowing liquid.

after checking you can turn pc off and then reattach fan header.

for modern i7's a 120mm aio is not very good. Air cooling is better for the speed/temps those cores get.

nothing else will effect cpu temp really excluding:

a very hot gpu dumping heat into case having little to no case fans bringing in fresh cool air and exhausting the hot air in case.

or
having a small case in general that ends up being a hot box due to air flow limitations.

also depending on the air temp of the room it will raise/lower cpu temp accordingly.