Very important! Move storage from Macbook pro to My Windows 10 gaming rig...

___P___

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
So just in now... My Crapple macbook pro just decide to die on me...
it stays stuck on the gray screen and will not boot... Of course Crapple has no functions go troubleshoot in a bios or whatsoever... But I did manage to read my harddisk utility and see that the content is still there.

I don't want to erase everything by reinstalling osx or what so ever.. There are some really important filles from my university on the hdd... Is there anyways for me to transfer them into my windows rig? Like connect the hdd or?

Please all the help is appreciated... So tired of apple, once this is done I am tossing this stupid laptop away.

Solution
You can use SATA data and power cables it is just easier to keep it as an external drive. If you know how to connect it and how to make sure your primary Windows drive is the first boot drive you should be fine to connect it. I just didn't want you to see your board trying to boot to the drive.
http://www.mediafour.com/software/macdrive/

I have used this software and it worked the best for trying to read, recover and transfer data from a Mac formatted HDD (EXT3) to a Windows based PC. You will have to purchase the full version but if you have important files it is worth it TBH.

In order to connect the HDD to your system you will need either a SATA to USB adapter or dock:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=usb+to+sata&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Or you can connect it to your PC internally, Macs tend to use the same hardware as PC they just cost a lot more.

Hope that helps.

___P___

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016

So I can just open the laptop, take out the hdd and connect it with a sata cable? It has an os on it so I was wonderin if that would bother it? I need to retrieve my word files

It wont be able to boot as it needs the Apple specific designed BIOS and board so yes you can although my suggestion is to use a SATA to USB to make it easy to avoid any hassles as you can connect that after Windows is up and running and it will detect like an external HDD or USB flash drive.

As I said, MacDrive was the best program I found for this. It actually allows you to use Windows Explorer to view and move files as if it was a native drive. I think it also had recovery scan capabilities but it has been a bit since I used it but none of the other programs seemed to like to work as well as this.

___P___

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016

Aw I thought I could just use a normal sata cable to connect it to my mb... I don't have that cable that has an usb end so that sucks...

You can use SATA data and power cables it is just easier to keep it as an external drive. If you know how to connect it and how to make sure your primary Windows drive is the first boot drive you should be fine to connect it. I just didn't want you to see your board trying to boot to the drive.

Solution

___P___

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Thank you so much both of you! It all worked!
I screwed out my HDD from my macbook pro, Connected it with my pc directly with a Sata cable and powered through the psu and got all my important files for university, my photos, movie projects, adobe content, etc...

I even found old files that I deleted very long ago, so that was a suprise too, and usefull since I needed one of the old deleted video footages.

Again, thank you so much!