Build Advice Very inexperienced builder, need quick check on €850 build

You should state your budget and country and let someone build one for you and decide from that.
The system seems OK, but the PSU would be better off being Seasonic and you could put in an M2 Nvme over a Sata SSD - since it would perform better but also means less cables as well.

Rendabomb

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
You should state your budget and country and let someone build one for you and decide from that.
The system seems OK, but the PSU would be better off being Seasonic and you could put in an M2 Nvme over a Sata SSD - since it would perform better but also means less cables as well.
Why Seasonic, and which would you recommend? The standard S12II Series 520?

Looks OK but PSU could be stronger.
Could or should? I think 550 is more than enough for that build, right?

Just noticed as much as I love AMD 580, for the same price you could get a 1660 which is about 10-25% faster

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_1660_gaming_oc_review,31.html
Yeah I considered that, but where I live decent brand 1660s are about €30 more expensive than RX 580s. Could still be worth it, but I don't think I'll need it.

The seasonic 520 would be perfect for your build - its a really good PSU

As for 30 euro more, I think its worth the performance increase, check that guru3d review on all the games.
It's nice to have the extra frames, plus it pulls a lot less power on the PSU and thus will reduce your electric bill more (although in real terms, probably 2 cents a day)

Rendabomb

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
The seasonic 520 would be perfect for your build - its a really good PSU

As for 30 euro more, I think its worth the performance increase, check that guru3d review on all the games.
It's nice to have the extra frames, plus it pulls a lot less power on the PSU and thus will reduce your electric bill more (although in real terms, probably 2 cents a day)
Hmm, I see. Someone told me the Seasonic 520s are old and outdated though? Is that true?

My rent is also all-inclusive, so I have no electricity costs.