Question Very low FPS in CS:GO ?

May 11, 2022
Hi, I was planning on playing CS:GO again after a break, when I started it and went into a game I was suprised, using the same settings as before (as high as possible) the fps was horrible, around 30-50 when I used to get maybe 200-300, ive tried reinstalling, changing settings, adding launch options, verifiyng game files but nothing helps, with the lowest settings i may get 70 FPS but not stable at all and falling down to 30 FPS still, I have a RTX 3070 and an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x and as I mentioned earlier, I have had no problems before, and yes my drivers are updated both in windows and in geforce experience. Any ideas or similar experiences? My CPU stays at 25% or lower usage and my RAM is being used to 50%, I have 16GB.

Last edited:
what temperatures are your CPU & GPU reaching?

have you done any malware scans?

do you have any GeForce Experience or NVC settings in place to drastically increase image quality?

list complete system specs with ALL component's make & model + time in use.

Last edited:
May 11, 2022
what temperatures are your CPU & GPU reaching?

have you done any malware scans?

do you have any GeForce Experience or NVC settings in place to drastically increase image quality?

list complete system specs with ALL component's make & model + time in use.
My temps are in the higher 40 lower 50, I have no malware atleast not according to malwarebytes, I dont think I have any GeForce Experiencce settings, I do not know what NVC is, I have a ASUS ROG STRIX B550 F Gaming Motherboard, MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 2X OC, AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, Corsair RM850 850w PSU, All these components are from the end of 2020 and as I said, CSGO has worked fine before, I updated my BIOS yesterday just because I thought it maybe could help, which it did, until today when I played again then im back to 40-50 fps...