Question Very low FPS on Minecraft Shaders.

Aug 6, 2019
So with the recent surge of popularity for Minecraft, I decided to give it a go. I installed it and played for a few months normally but I decided yesterday to install some shaders. I went for Sildur’s Vibrant shaders 1.22 High for Minecraft 1.14.4. Not long after I realized that I was getting FPS in the 30s, and as a person who easily gets motion sick this was unacceptable. So, me being a PC Enthusiast I decided to open MSI Afterburner and Task Manager to see the GPU and CPU usage, as well as VRAM, Temps and RAM. Turns out my 980 Ti was at only 65% to 80% usage, while my i7 7700K was at 50%. RAM usage was at about 2GB while VRAM usage was barely hitting 1550mb, also temps were fine. At this point I was confused as to what was happening. And so, I am posting to this forum. Also, as a side note I am using the latest Java version and Windows 7 64bit SP1. All other games that I have work perfectly on the highest settings. I am using a 1080p monitor. Thanks in advance for your help!

firstly switch to windows 10.
win7 loses all support at all in 5 months and even now its pretty wonky

2ndly, sadly, shaders give bad fps to everyone
I have a 1080 and i7 8700k but cant get over 50 with some shader packs..

try a different shader pack that is less intensive maybe

Aug 6, 2019
firstly switch to windows 10.
win7 loses all support at all in 5 months and even now its pretty wonky

2ndly, sadly, shaders give bad fps to everyone
I have a 1080 and i7 8700k but cant get over 50 with some shader packs..

try a different shader pack that is less intensive maybe

Hey, thanks for the help, but, for the first part, I am never going to windows 10 ever again as it has bricked 2 of my computers and made my current one unusable, second, with the shader pack I have my friend with an RTX 2070 gets great FPS.

TRENDING THREADS