Very low FPS when starting games despite upgrading graphic card

sooahgracie

Prominent
Feb 17, 2018
Hi everyone,
I recently changed my graphics card to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, but I'm having major FPS issues when gaming.
The problem mostly occurs when playing Overwatch, where I have 10 -15 FPS in the start. It eventually gets better after 30 minute of so, but I still get random frame drops...

Here are my specs:
ASUSTek Computer INC. P8H67-M LX
Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
4GB Ram

I've already tried uninstalling the graphics card driver and installing the updated version, and the temperature always stay around 35-40C.
I'm pretty new to all this computer stuff, so please give easy to understand advice. Thank you all so much!

Solution
4gb is very low
also since your computer is quite old
I bet you still using an old HDD which doesn't help a lot, especially because it is probably cache swapping all the time.
either upgrade ram
get an ssd
or best of both worlds = get both!

WildCard999

Titan
What was your previous card? You may need to remove the previous drivers via Control Panel and do a clean install of the Nvidia drivers. During installation there's a option during installation to perform a clean installation (check box), doing this will remove old Nvidia drivers that may be conflicting and only install the newer ones.

And yes, 4gb is low for a gaming system however if your not running multiple apps in the background it shouldn't be affecting your gaming that much.

Temps for both CPU & GPU should be under 80C while gaming.