[SOLVED] Very Low FPS

Jul 5, 2021
Help with low FPS

Hi guys, my FPS is often at 75 for rust. But occasionally including today I’m at 20.

CPU temp is 39c
GPU temp is 37c
CPU utilisation is 53%
GPU utilisation is 37%
RAM utilisation is 49%

RTX 2060
i7-10750h
32gb ram

Any ideas what’s causing this, thanks in advance!

Ps, I’m using a laptop and plugged in!

Solution
The issue has resolved itself after updating to Windows 11. My best guess is that another piece of software had updated to support windows 11 at the cost of poor windows 10 performance. Either that or the essentially fresh install of windows reset a bad setting.

Cheers for the help

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. While you're here, please take a look at the BIOS version for said laptop at the time of writing. If you can't access BIOS, use CPU-Z(listed under Mainboard tab) to show you what your BIOS version., If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on?

Jul 5, 2021
Make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. While you're here, please take a look at the BIOS version for said laptop at the time of writing. If you can't access BIOS, use CPU-Z(listed under Mainboard tab) to show you what your BIOS version., If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on?
Thanks for the very quick reply!

HP Omen 15-dh1005na
Windows 10.0.19043
Bios AMI F.15, 15/09/2020

sorry for my slow reply, was finding bios info!

Jul 5, 2021
I'm guessing it may be throttled by a performance manager such as Razer cortex, msi afterburner, geforce experience, windows battery management or HP Omen gaming centre. But none of these seem to have incorrect settings (I have reset a lot of them to default to try solve the problem). My laptop was last working before I traveled home yesterday. I am using different power supply (it is carbon copy of the one it shipped with but just a spare bought from HP). My laptop also decided to turn on whilst in my bag and so heated up a bit in my bag. Could either of these last two things be the problem ie faulty power supply or fried board, if so how would I check this?

Jul 5, 2021
The issue has resolved itself after updating to Windows 11. My best guess is that another piece of software had updated to support windows 11 at the cost of poor windows 10 performance. Either that or the essentially fresh install of windows reset a bad setting.

Cheers for the help

Solution