Question very low GPU performance

mohdz7117

Prominent
May 5, 2018
hi guys so i have dell g3 with the i7 8750h processor and 1050ti with 8gb ram , when i do a benchmark test to the laptop everything seems to be ok except the GPU with very low result
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/16949146
how can i fix it ? thanks
(yes i put the laptop to the maximum performance and the nvidia control panel to the maximum performance also)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Honestly, if you don't have any in application problems, don't worry. Benchmarks are rarely reflective of actual reality.

Also keep in mind that Userbenchmark also takes OC cards into account - it will be comparing your 1050ti with other models with higher / overclocked speeds, so the userbenchmark isn't really a direct comparison.

If your applications work the way you want them to, then there isn't really a problem.

mohdz7117

Prominent
May 5, 2018
Honestly, if you don't have any in application problems, don't worry. Benchmarks are rarely reflective of actual reality.

Also keep in mind that Userbenchmark also takes OC cards into account - it will be comparing your 1050ti with other models with higher / overclocked speeds, so the userbenchmark isn't really a direct comparison.

If your applications work the way you want them to, then there isn't really a problem.
hmmm but when i go to dell g3 listed benchamrks on the same site i can see all the laptops gpu are more powerfull than mine , its the same laptop with same gpu

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
hmmm but when i go to dell g3 listed benchamrks

Honestly, if you're not noticing a problem yourself, then don't worry. So many people get into huge dilemmas over benchmark results, but most benchmark results aren't fairly reflective of your reality. For example, M2 SSDs have outstandingly better performance than SATA SSDs in benchmarks, in real life however, hardly any difference.

Ensure you keep your NVIDIA drivers up to date.
Ensure you keep your BIOS is up to date.
Ensure you keep your windows updated and other drivers up to date
Ensure your components can keep cool, and you'll be fine.

Not every component or set up is exactly alike, all will perform slightly different based on a silicon lottery, other applications you are running, how long you've had the components, how those components have been used etc. But I honestly would not worry at all unless I started noticing something detrimental in my actual applications. (y)

mohdz7117

Prominent
May 5, 2018
Honestly, if you're not noticing a problem yourself, then don't worry. So many people get into huge dilemmas over benchmark results, but most benchmark results aren't fairly reflective of your reality. For example, M2 SSDs have outstandingly better performance than SATA SSDs in benchmarks, in real life however, hardly any difference.

Ensure you keep your NVIDIA drivers up to date.
Ensure you keep your BIOS is up to date.
Ensure you keep your windows updated and other drivers up to date
Ensure your components can keep cool, and you'll be fine.

Not every component or set up is exactly alike, all will perform slightly different based on a silicon lottery, other applications you are running, how long you've had the components, how those components have been used etc. But I honestly would not worry at all unless I started noticing something detrimental in my actual applications. (y)
Thanks for your reply , yes everything is up to date