[SOLVED] Very Low GPU usage

Dec 22, 2019
View: https://imgur.com/a/ksPUdjp

I uploaded an image of my CPU+GPU usage from msi afterburner while playing GTA V

I'm not getting expected fps from any game even csgo. I reinstalled windows, drivers etc

My cpu temps are hot -I'm aware of this (getting 40-50c on idle) and I plan to reapply thermal paste and re seat the cooler and see if that fixes anything but I doubt it should be affecting my gpu right?

My Specs are : MSI Gaming Z RTX 2060, R5 2600X, TX 650M PSU,ASROCK B450M STEEL LEGEND, MASTERBOX Q300L,

I ordered 2x8gb 3000mhz but one stick was DoA so I sent it back and currently running 1x8 3000mhz ram. Is this affecting my performance
Please help

Solution
1)Looking at cpu usage as a whole is misleading. You have to look at each thread, because that's all it takes to become cpu limited. CSGO runs off of just 3-4 threads.

2)Your friend has an RTX 2080 Super and gets 93% gpu usage in GTA V? Are you both running the same resolution?
Is he running the game with DSR x2 or x4 enabled? That forces gpu usage, but does come with some performance impact, since DSR simulates 2K and 4K resolution.

3)Thermals? Well, you haven't posted anything indicating such an issue. Are you seeing over 80C cpu and gpu temps in game?

4)Aerocool [part of the name is missing here] RGB TG cases are aplenty. I can't figure out the exact model, because you left out an important part of the name.

5)I see you have the...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)GTA V never was great on gpu usage, so I don't see a problem here. The game likes 6-8 threads and lots of ram(16GBs is recommended).
You need to test gpu usage in other games.

2)If you are getting 40-50C on the stock cooler, that is normal. Ryzen does not behave in the same manner as Intel's cpus.
Unless you are getting in game load temps over 80C, I still don't see a problem.

3)Your PC's specs - now here, I see a POTENTIAL problem via the Masteroven Q300L. That front panel is more restrictive than it appears...
But with the single sample you've provided, I'm not seeing any signs that thermals are a concern.

4)Yeah, running in single channel will hurt performance.

Dec 22, 2019
On CSGO I get 30% gpu usage and like 20% CPU while my CPU is on 70c. My friend has an rtx 2080 super and gets 93% gpu usage so why on GTA do I get 30-40%. The only issue has to be either thermals or something with my gpu right?

I have 1 rear fan and 1 fan at the top for exhaust and two front fans for intake.

Also you say that the temps are normal but on idle I spike around 40-60 while my brother who has a 2600 gets about 30c. His pc case is the aerocool rgb tempered glass, it sucks and the rear fan isnt working so he has no fans in that pc and he gets lower temps. I know I have the 2600x which consumes power power but this difference in temp is expected?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Looking at cpu usage as a whole is misleading. You have to look at each thread, because that's all it takes to become cpu limited. CSGO runs off of just 3-4 threads.

2)Your friend has an RTX 2080 Super and gets 93% gpu usage in GTA V? Are you both running the same resolution?
Is he running the game with DSR x2 or x4 enabled? That forces gpu usage, but does come with some performance impact, since DSR simulates 2K and 4K resolution.

3)Thermals? Well, you haven't posted anything indicating such an issue. Are you seeing over 80C cpu and gpu temps in game?

4)Aerocool [part of the name is missing here] RGB TG cases are aplenty. I can't figure out the exact model, because you left out an important part of the name.

5)I see you have the traditional fan setup in your case, but because of the front panel, the front intakes aren't really doing anything, and the cpu cooler is actually pulling in already heated exhausted air...
Your bro's case likely isn't doing this even though the rear fan is broken.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS