Question Very low sound after upgrade to Windows 10 ?

Jan 7, 2023
Hello all! Happy new year! I recently upgraded a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6025 I3 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (clean install.) Since the upgrade, my speaker volume has been very low, even when I have the volume slider pushed to 100 percent. It appears that this laptop uses NVIDA AUDIO. the Graphics Chip is a GEFORCE M-310. I have installed the updated GEFORCE driver from NVIDA's web site, to no avail. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

This laptop apparently came with Dolby Sound Room, which I no longer have. Could that be the issue?

Thanks so much for your help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year(to you too), newcomer!

I recently upgraded a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6025 I3 from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (clean install.)
You mean you performed a clean install via a format of your older OS drive/partition and install of Windows 10 soon after, correct? If so, where did you source the installer for your latter OS?

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6025
This laptop apparently came with Dolby Sound Room, which I no longer have.

How did you install any and/or all drivers for your laptop? Officially the platform/laptop and hardware aren't supported by Windows 10, so you're going to have to run said installers(except for the GPU's drivers) in compatibility mode, i.e, Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows X(where X is the OS your drivers are meant for, which should be Windows 7).

Did you make sure your laptop's BIOS was up to date prior to the migration to Windows 10?