Question Very low write speeds in NVME SSD ?

depakjan

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2007
HI All,
I have a crucial nvme 1tb SSD , recently i benchmarked my ssd to see if its still working as expected but i realised my write speeds are ridiculously low, its just around 130 mb/s where it used to be > 1200 , as per all the hdd utilities the drive is in good health.

I have done the following
  1. Forced optimize(trim) in windows 11
  2. installed some micron nvme driver from crucial software
  3. No new firmware updates
  4. Power plan is in maximum perf already
  5. I read something about APM but i cant enable or disable for this drive so don't think its applicable
  6. BIOS is set to AHCI mode already
what else should I do, i don't remember when i got this drive, maybe three years old, how can i fix it ?

HI All,
I have a crucial nvme 1tb SSD , recently i benchmarked my ssd to see if its still working as expected but i realised my write speeds are ridiculously low, its just around 130 mb/s where it used to be > 1200 , as per all the hdd utilities the drive is in good health.

I have done the following
  1. Forced optimize(trim) in windows 11
  2. installed some micron nvme driver from crucial software
  3. No new firmware updates
  4. Power plan is in maximum perf already
  5. I read something about APM but i cant enable or disable for this drive so don't think its applicable
  6. BIOS is set to AHCI mode already
what else should I do, i don't remember when i got this drive, maybe three years old, how can i fix it ?
Looks pretty full and they tend to slow down.

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
Hmm... your drive has fixed 12gb cache according to the toms review. I agree now your speed doesn't seem normal. Maybe it is still emptying the cache? (And repeated speed tests added workload?) Give it couple hours idle time and try again maybe?

The drive has a fixed SLC buffer capacity of 5GB on the 500GB drive and 12GB on the 1TB model. In addition to the fixed buffer, the drive has a dynamic buffer that expands or contracts based upon the amount of data stored on the drive. This buffer can be located anywhere in the NAND array and consumes up to 14% of the usable capacity. That means the 500GB model should have a maximum buffer capacity of roughly 75GB and the 1TB model expands to 150GB.

Reactions: depakjan

TRENDING THREADS