[SOLVED] Very messed up

Mar 31, 2021
Pc fails automatic repair, says it didnt start correctly. Went to troubleshooting and Startup repair didntnwork, safe mode didnt work, uninstallnupdates didnt work, scan now doesntnwork, scan now doesnt work, msconfig doesnt work, dism doesnt work. What Do I Do

Solution
You will need another drive to backup your data first

Easiest way would be to put the 500gb hard drive into another computer as a secondary drive and copy data over that way.

Alternatively you could plug another drive into the computer having this issue and then use command prompt from the recovery window to copy over data, but this isn't very simple.

After you backup data:
www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html
Will need a USB drive
System Restore.

advanced-options-system-restore.jpg

Mar 31, 2021
System Restore.

advanced-options-system-restore.jpg
instead of saying scan now twice, i meant system restore wasnt working. If i reset my pc, does the keep your files thing acutally work? And do i have to take out my ssd? Im tempted to justninstall windows on my ssd, and just leave my harddrive somewhere and just ill find it at another time.

Mar 31, 2021
If you select keep your files it will do what it says. It gets rid of programs and reinstalls most parts of Windows, but will keep files.

I would STRONGLY reccomend backing up all important files beforehand, still.
If you select keep your files it will do what it says. It gets rid of programs and reinstalls most parts of Windows, but will keep files.

I would STRONGLY reccomend backing up all important files beforehand, still.
Like i said, it wont reset EDIT: How would i back it up?

Theoretically you could shrink existing windows partition (if there is enough free space),
create another partition and install windows in this new partition.
Then boot up notmally and access data from old windows partition.

BTW - how many drives in the system? What model drives?

Mar 31, 2021
Theoretically you could shrink existing windows partition (if there is enough free space),
create another partition and install windows in this new partition.
Then boot up notmally and access data from old windows partition.

BTW - how many drives in the system? What model drives?
I have 1 drive, also uh how? I also only have 40gb

Mar 31, 2021
What model drive? Is it HDD or SSD? What is full capacity?
If it is HDD, then I'd suggest getting SSD for your system and install windows in new SSD (disconnect HDD during install).
No modern system should be without SSD.
Its hdd 500gb like 8 years old, i just found a fairly recent ssd I guess someone got it and gave it to me. So uh i have to buy another key?

Easiest way would be to put the 500gb hard drive into another computer as a secondary drive and copy data over that way.

Alternatively you could plug another drive into the computer having this issue and then use command prompt from the recovery window to copy over data, but this isn't very simple.

After you backup data:
www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html
Will need a USB drive

Solution
Mar 31, 2021

After you backup data:
Will need a USB drive
Gonna have to opt for the second one. because i do have a external drive with 600gb so can i just transfer it over to there?

Yes you could.

Unfortunately I cannot really assist here since I think you might have to deal with some permissions issues which I don't know how to resolve without a gui.

Someone else might be able to chime in.

Dir and CD are going to be used for browsing the drive.

Mar 31, 2021
Yes you could.

Unfortunately I cannot really assist here since I think you might have to deal with some permissions issues which I don't know how to resolve without a gui.

Someone else might be able to chime in.

Dir and CD are going to be used for browsing the drive.
Wait u still never told me how to reset cuz like the reset button says a problem