Question Very new, 3/4 way into build, need newb needs helps on which PSU cables to use and where 😬

Aug 26, 2022
I have my motherboard in(Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master) in the Corsair iCue 5000X RGB case with original front three fans and three additional side fans installed. A Corsair iCue H150i radiator is almost ready to go in with the GPU(MSI 3090 ti Suprim X) but want to have a plan for the PSU cables first. To start...which to use on what. I know the MB one goes to the side of the motherboard. There are are two four pin connectors at the top; take two of the cables marked CPU and plug them into the PSU CPU1 and CPU2 and into the motherboard?

Embarrassed to ask but don't want to goof anything up.

Aug 26, 2022
So it will require both cables labeled CPU(for 16 pins)? The cables have a solid 4 pin and the other end has 2 2-pin; does it matter if the 2 2-pin go into the board or to the PSU?

Aug 26, 2022
The 2 2-pin won't fit into the PSU; the part that 'snaps' into place to keep it stable is too wide but the one on the MB appears to take it, so reverse, it seems?

AlexianaBritmonkey

Honorable
Aug 4, 2017
Can you tell us which power supply you have? I am not able to spot one listed in your original question.

Modular PSU's have different cables from company to company, and even unit to unit.
If it doesn't fit without resistance, don't force it.

Let us know what PSU you have, so we can look what cables are available.