Very nice PC not running games quite as good

Jaegar_1

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
Asus z270E
ROG Strix GTX 1080 TI (11gb)
Intel i7 7700k 4.20ghz
16 gb ram @ 3200mhz

I used to destroy dames like Dying Light and GTA V like a month ago but now it seems like its not that great certainly not worth the 2200 i spent lol. I ran a benchmark and crushed it so i dont think its hardware right? (im not very good with all of this.) Im just wondering if anyone had thoughts.

Solution

What exactly is "not that great"? Things like "good" "OK" "not good" "slower" are impossible to quantify. Did you do benchmark tests in the games? Is your FPS lower than before? By how much?

Natan_3

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
Check if all drivers are up-to-date and make sure there isn't anything overheating, do a benchmark on MSI afterburner and send the graphics of GPU, CPU and memory usage.
You got a very powerful setup, and it can certainly run the games that you just mentioned, but it also depends on which quality you wanna play those, and you gotta check if there is any background activity while you're gaming that can impact your PC performance. Those programs that go slowly taking over your computer and reducing it's performance happens oftenly after sometime using it without running any cleaning program, or if your PC got any virus

Jaegar_1

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
drivers are good from device manager. I downloaded MSI afterburner, how do i do a benchmark and send it? all i can tell you is I launched Tomb Raider and the GPU was cranked 100% usage. Dying light was at 65 or so. GTA V wont even launch dont know what that's about. like i said i dont know a ton please help me out man i spent a months salary on this thing i want it to work like it should

Natan_3

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
Open MSI afterburner and play Tomb raider for at least 30 minutes. When. You stop playing, immediately go to the MSI and print the graphics from it, or take a picture idk, I just wanna see the graphics with the info from the game, did you get it?

What exactly is "not that great"? Things like "good" "OK" "not good" "slower" are impossible to quantify. Did you do benchmark tests in the games? Is your FPS lower than before? By how much?

Solution

Jaegar_1

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
Everyone, I figured it out. I am incredibly sorry in advance for what I'm about to tell you. This is how stupid I am. This is also why I shouldn't own a $2300 machine. I had frame scaling on because when I launch the games I automatically turn everything into the highest settings because I'm excited about what my computer can do, So yeah I had frame scaling on The highest it could be where I was getting one frame for every 2 1/2 frames I should've been getting so I was getting like 35 frames in Grandtheft auto and now I'm over 100 so go ahead and laugh at me I deserve it but that's what it was thanks everybody

This can always help others with issues, mistakes lead to solutions.