Question Very odd Ethernet shenanigans

Jan 29, 2020
So recently out of nowhere my Ethernet stopped working, I still have internet access as my phone is still getting WiFi. I tried unplugging and re-plugging my Ethernet cables on both ends and they light up green and orange. Also my keyboard randomly stopped working. But here's the kicker, when i restart my computer everything is fine, but then after 10-20 mins the same thing happens again. Does anyone here know what this could be? Thank you!

P.S. All the components are new and are relatively powerful.

CPU-Ryzen 2700x
GPU-GTX 1660
PSU-Corsair CX650
MoBo-Prime B450M-A
RAM-16GB Vengeance 3200mhz

Jan 29, 2020
For additional context my Ethernet is plugged into a TP-Link AC1750 router. This has never been in issue in the 2 months of running this build. Also tried a network reset just now, so far so good, but in case it happens again I want to hear what else you guys suggest I should do.

Jan 29, 2020
UPDATE

here is what I've done so far

-Reinstalled/updated drivers (PCIe Family controller)
-tried new ethernet cable
-Tried plugging into modem instead of router

-I still am randomly dropping ethernet after an hour or 2 of reconnecting via restarting my PC

-Even when ethernet drops the green and orange light are still flashing in the ethernet port

With that being said I'm not entirely sure if it's actually the Mobo or not or is there something else I haven't tried yet.

(Still have wifi on other devices)

Maybe the ethernet actually is working but maybe it is something like a ip address.

First see if you can ping your router IP when this happens if it does then ethernet and most your network is functional it would have to be something like DNS or maybe software related.

Check the IPCONFIG cmd to be sure you still have a IP address assigned to you.

Next try ARP -d * Then try to ping the router, It likely still will not respond. What you next do is use the ARP -a command. What you are looking for is a mac-ip entry. The only way for you machine to get this information is over the ethernet cable so if there is a entry it is something other than a ethernet hardware issue.

Reactions: Grivicic
Jan 29, 2020
Maybe the ethernet actually is working but maybe it is something like a ip address.

First see if you can ping your router IP when this happens if it does then ethernet and most your network is functional it would have to be something like DNS or maybe software related.

Check the IPCONFIG cmd to be sure you still have a IP address assigned to you.

Next try ARP -d * Then try to ping the router, It likely still will not respond. What you next do is use the ARP -a command. What you are looking for is a mac-ip entry. The only way for you machine to get this information is over the ethernet cable so if there is a entry it is something other than a ethernet hardware issue.

Should I do this when I have no connection or should I try it when I restart my PC and have connection for the short amount of time