[SOLVED] Very poor airflow in my PC case, need serious help.

Apr 1, 2019
I have a thermaltake V200 RGB case with me (Whole specs:- RTX 2080, R5 1600 overclocked to 3.8GHz at 1.175v, 8x2 3000Mhz RAM) and it has really really poor airflow, GPU temperature is around 77 with fans at 94% and CPU goes around 71 with 100% fans but when I remove the front panel its a whole different story, GPU drops at 70 with fans at 79% and CPU at stable 61, I have 3 fans in front and 1 at back, room for 2 fans at the top, what can be done to increase the airflow, the front panel does have some really small holes on the side but I don't think that it makes any difference. Should I drill some wholes somewhere in the front panel to increase airflow? The ambient temperature is 34 now and in extreme summers it gets around 47 so im a little bit worried about my system frying.

Solution
Tough to say if it is worth the effort. What size is the gap between the fans and the clear plastic front? If the gap is too small it also can reduce airflow. And filters or grills with small holes will reduce airflow. That's why removing the front makes such a big difference, because a few different things affect air flow. If you are willing to experiment and modify your case then I suppose it is worth a try, but the easiest solution is to remove the front panel (although it doesn't look good). I would say start with the two fans on top, and then only start drilling holes if you have to. If you can somehow carefully remove the clear plastic on front and replace it with a mesh that would help a lot. Just be aware that mesh front...
You have too much flow coming in and not enough going out. Warm air is being blown around in your system with no way to escape. I would try at least one fan on the top to increase warm air exhausting from the case. That should put you close with the PSU fan exhausting some.

Most people want more air coming in so there is positive pressure in the case to prevent dust from entering. Better to just put a filter on intake fans and clean the inside regualarly with canned air if needed. Either way your current temperatures still aren’t “high”. They are higher than they could be but aren’t anything to be concerned about either way.

Apr 1, 2019
You have too much flow coming in and not enough going out. Warm air is being blown around in your system with no way to escape. I would try at least one fan on the top to increase warm air exhausting from the case. That should put you close with the PSU fan exhausting some.

Most people want more air coming in so there is positive pressure in the case to prevent dust from entering. Better to just put a filter on intake fans and clean the inside regualarly with canned air if needed. Either way your current temperatures still aren’t “high”. They are higher than they could be but aren’t anything to be concerned about either way.
No actually I have no flow, I tested it with turning off the front fans and the results were really similar when I take the front panel off giving it more room to take cool air in, the temperatures drop drastically.

The air usually always has a way to escape. If there is positive pressure inside, it will go out the back exhaust and out the top openings where there are no fans. The problem with your case, as you already noted, is the small and very restrictive grill on the side that feeds the front intake fans. Yeah installing top exhaust fans will help assist the flow of air and direct more of it out the top, but the front intake is a choke point. That case is all about looks. If you want better airflow and temps, then a case with a full mesh front is a better option. Otherwise, just take the front panel off as you have already done and add those top fans.

Apr 1, 2019
The air usually always has a way to escape. If there is positive pressure inside, it will go out the back exhaust and out the top openings where there are no fans. The problem with your case, as you already noted, is the small and very restrictive grill on the side that feeds the front intake fans. Yeah installing top exhaust fans will help assist the flow of air and direct more of it out the top, but the front intake is a choke point. That case is all about looks. If you want better airflow and temps, then a case with a full mesh front is a better option. Otherwise, just take the front panel off as you have already done and add those top fans.
Should I drill some holes on the side where there are already those restrictive holes and make them bigger and add two fans on the top?

Tough to say if it is worth the effort. What size is the gap between the fans and the clear plastic front? If the gap is too small it also can reduce airflow. And filters or grills with small holes will reduce airflow. That's why removing the front makes such a big difference, because a few different things affect air flow. If you are willing to experiment and modify your case then I suppose it is worth a try, but the easiest solution is to remove the front panel (although it doesn't look good). I would say start with the two fans on top, and then only start drilling holes if you have to. If you can somehow carefully remove the clear plastic on front and replace it with a mesh that would help a lot. Just be aware that mesh front cases let more noise out because the fans are right there and you will hear them. Of course you could also get another case if that is possible.

Solution
Apr 1, 2019
Tough to say if it is worth the effort. What size is the gap between the fans and the clear plastic front? If the gap is too small it also can reduce airflow. And filters or grills with small holes will reduce airflow. That's why removing the front makes such a big difference, because a few different things affect air flow. If you are willing to experiment and modify your case then I suppose it is worth a try, but the easiest solution is to remove the front panel (although it doesn't look good). I would say start with the two fans on top, and then only start drilling holes if you have to. If you can somehow carefully remove the clear plastic on front and replace it with a mesh that would help a lot. Just be aware that mesh front cases let more noise out because the fans are right there and you will hear them. Of course you could also get another case if that is possible.
Yup the fans are close to the front panel, will be drilling some holes tomorrow on the right side where holes are already there, I will make them bigger, these fans are extremely silent, even with the panel off I cant hear them and they are on top of my desk also sound is not a problem for me, replacing the front with a mesh wont be a good idea cuz If I mess things up, it will look really ugly