[SOLVED] Very poor Radeon R5 430 performance and FPS randomly switched between 20fps and 50fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2020
I am playing Age of Empires 2 DE on my Dell Optiplex at 2650x1440 resolution. The PC benchmarking results are here. There seems to be a big issue with my graphics card, as the performance is in the 0th percentile .

When I first played AOE2DE, the fps on lowest settings was around 15-20fps, making the game basically unplayable. Then one day, it randomly improved to around 50fps, and was really enjoyable. I didn't change any settings.

Today however, the game crashed (it crashed very regularly due to the 20 year old legacy code it's written in) and after resetting it, it was back to the terrible 10-15 fps.

I know my graphics card sucks, but it is frustrating that I know it can produce good performance when it wants to. I have made sure all the drivers are updated, but it didn't help anything,

I was wondering if someone would be able to give me some advice on how to trouble shoot my issues, and hopefully improve the performance of my card. Thank you.

Last edited:
Solution
Try reinstally the graphic driver. The GPU is not that bad.
Would be better if you can provide the GPU Z information.
or Right click on Windows desktop and select Screen resolution - Click Advanced settings - then select the Adapter tab.
Try reinstally the graphic driver. The GPU is not that bad.
Would be better if you can provide the GPU Z information.
or Right click on Windows desktop and select Screen resolution - Click Advanced settings - then select the Adapter tab.

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.