Question Very random PC crashing

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Hello, recently I have had a completely random issue with my computer crashing, and to describe it in more detail, I play a game, any game, and randomly but rarely my screen just goes black, my keyboard and mouse turn off and my computer is unresponsive, but it is still on. I figured this can't be a power supply issue so it is potentially my graphics card being faulty and crashing which isn't concerning for me and won't do me much harm as im getting an RTX2060 tommorow. These are my full specifications:

-GTX1050
-16GB 3200mhz RAM
-Ryzen 5 2600
-CX450

I checked temperatures and my GPU is around 60c at full load and my CPU is at 70c on around 70% usage as I can't find a good app for checking full load, also my idle temperatures range around 40c-48c which I find quite concerning but not much as I never had an issue with temperatures. FYI im using the stock cooler for the Ryzen 5 2600. My power supply is a CX450 grey label from 2017 so I also doubt that is the issue as my computer doesn't get completely cut off. Could anyone explain the issue or if there is any possible fixes. I would mainly be concerned if it was my CPU or my PSU as I cannot replace them for the next year (my cpu), but my PSU I could replace in a month or two.

Lutfij

Titan
You should be on a 500W or 550W PSU, not a 450W unit. Couple that with the fact that the unit is 3 years old will further mean that your PSU might be the likely culprit. Source a reliably build PSU with more wattage than the system needs and retry powering up the system.

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
You should be on a 500W or 550W PSU, not a 450W unit. Couple that with the fact that the unit is 3 years old will further mean that your PSU might be the likely culprit. Source a reliably build PSU with more wattage than the system needs and retry powering up the system.
The system is fine, it turns on normally just when I very randomly game, for a few hours at max I might do fine or when I play for a few minutes. It rarely happens however. I planned on replacing the PSU to a 550W unit ASAP after I get the 2060, however I realised I had asus performance mode set in the BIOS and ill have a look at seeing if that is the culprit. Thank you for the answer.

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Update, I ran a cinebench benchmark and it almost completes it, or goes halfway through completing it and the issue perists. I very certainly think it is my GTX1050 or something to do with my CPU. Potentially my temperatures

Last edited: