[SOLVED] Very random WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD happening. Please please help

Jun 7, 2020
As the title says. Happens occasionally maybe once or twice a day, usually when playing League or any other game. Its happened when doing nothing at all once however. This has been happening for over a month and I've been ignoring but its getting on my nerves.

Googling has not been of a lot of help and I'm getting pretty worried as I recently built my PC.

I've attached my .dmp - can anyone tell me where the trouble seems to stem from? Any help would be super appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WiTldR47MOdsgyaGragZK5Y1ozonre_k/view?usp=sharing

I ran IntelBurn on 'High' settings (10 cycles) and it passed.
Memtest86 found 0 errors for 1.5 passes.
Chkdsk says no errors found.
Ran Furmark and GPU seems stable.

I have no idea whats causing this <Mod Edit>[/ b]

Ryzen 5 3600
Thermaltake 3600Mhz 16BGB
Nvidia 2070
250GB SSD
2 older SATA hard drives - both very old but chkdsk was fine.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
D
It still happening man :( Any advice?
Going into SysWOW64 and removing ASio.sys isn't going to do the trick as that's just a backup directory for drivers, not actively in use, do the following:

Go to Folder Options and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files", and check "Show hidden files"

Download Everything by voidtools and search for ASio.sys, delete every instance that shows up.

Then use the Autoruns tool I linked in my original reply to delete any trace of ASio.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Remove Asus AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2 -- from analyzing the .dmp file I concluded that your PC has ASio.sys installed, and it is well known for creating WHEA errors.

If you don't have either installed anymore, download autoruns and use it to stop it running at startup.

Reactions: CheMBurN
Jun 7, 2020
Remove Asus AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2 -- from analyzing the .dmp file I concluded that your PC has ASio.sys installed, and it is well known for creating WHEA errors.

If you don't have either installed anymore, download autoruns and use it to stop it running at startup.

I thought I removed the AI suite and the GPU tweak. So I went into SysWOW64 and removed the 'asio' file. Lets see if that fixes it. Really appreciate the help man.

D

Deleted member 2720853

It still happening man :( Any advice?
Going into SysWOW64 and removing ASio.sys isn't going to do the trick as that's just a backup directory for drivers, not actively in use, do the following:

Go to Folder Options and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files", and check "Show hidden files"

Download Everything by voidtools and search for ASio.sys, delete every instance that shows up.

Then use the Autoruns tool I linked in my original reply to delete any trace of ASio.

Solution
Jun 7, 2020
Perfecto, I deleted everything I could find included GPU Tweak. There was another folder in the ASUS folder called ASXP and I ran the uninstaller within - it was quarantined by Malwarebytes as malware.

Lets see if the issue is fixed.