Question Very slow connection using powerline

May 27, 2019
Currently I changed my internet supplier and instead of 40Mb over phone line got Technicolor TG789vac router ( 200 Mb - fiber) ,

I had to change the location of the router.

When working with Tp-link AV500 nano powerline adaptors ( 3-phases electric wiring ) I experience very slow connections times,

compared with the previous setup ( the speed is down to about 6 Mbps only in the best case).

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Ralston18

Titan
It could indeed be related to the physical move of the router if the electric circuits are not up to standards.

Can you temporarily move the router back to the original location for testing purposes at least?

Another thought for you:

When you got the new router (TG789vac) did you update and otherwise reconfigure the network adapters on your devices accordingly?

New network hardware can cause problems if the protocols and configurations are not as they should be.

Check the router's settings via admin access and also do the same on one of the "slow connecting" devices.

Work to get one device back to expected connection speeds and use what you find and learn to fix other devices.

Change only one thing at a time and keep notes in case you need to undo something.

And do allow some time between changes for all of the devices to "catch up".

May 27, 2019
Thank you for replying.

1. Can you temporarily move the router back to the original location for testing purposes at least?
No such possibility.

2. When you got the new router (TG789vac) did you update and otherwise reconfigure the network adapters on your devices accordingly?
There is nothing to reconfigure. The only thing I had to do is to re-synchronize them

3. New network hardware can cause problems if the protocols and configurations are not as they should be.
The in-house network has no parameters to reconfigure (as far as I know - it's simple plug-and-play

4.Check the router's settings via admin access and also do the same on one of the "slow connecting" devices.
The router settings look OK. The connection speed is somewhere near 192-194 mbps.