Question VERY slow USB.

Flyingkiwidude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Why am I only getting these pathetic speeds on all my USB drives?

Writing speed: 7.07 MByte/s
Reading speed: 18.6 MByte/s

All drivers seem to be up to date.

This is my motherboard:

General information
Part#JINGSHA X79M-S 2.0
ChipQ67/Q65/Z68 or Other
FeatureHigh Speed NVMe M.2 Interface
4* DDR3 RAM Slot, Support up to 64GB
CPULGA 2011 E5-V1/V2 Series
Form FactorM-ATX, 220mm x 190mm
Memory4* DDR3 Slot
Maximum RAM Capacity64GB
Graphic1* PCI-E 1X
1* PCI-E 16X
Storage4* SATA2.0
LANOnboard 1* Realtek RTL8111F Chipset, Gigabit Ethernet
AudioRealtek Audio Codec ALC662, 5.1 Sound Channel Supported.
USB Ports10* USB2.0(rear panel, mid-board USB Header)
PSU Solution1* 8 Pin + 1* 24 Pin Power Supply
OtherOnboard High Speed NVMe M.2 Interface
Accessories1 x I/O Shield
1 x SATA cable

CPU:
Processor Series: Xeon E5 1650 (6 cores/12 threads)
Main frequency: 3.2GHz
Socket type: LGA 2011
3rd level cache: 12MB
Technology: 32nm
Power consumption: 130W

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Considering that the issue is with all drives, might want to include the make and models of said drives. As for your motherboard, is there a support site for that shady branded board? Often times boards that lack after sales support are the ones that cost far less than something that was from say Gigabyte or Asus. The latter also come with driver/BIOS support. I doubt that Jingsha board has BIOS updates :/

Flyingkiwidude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
We're going to need a little more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Considering that the issue is with all drives, might want to include the make and models of said drives. As for your motherboard, is there a support site for that shady branded board? Often times boards that lack after sales support are the ones that cost far less than something that was from say Gigabyte or Asus. The latter also come with driver/BIOS support. I doubt that Jingsha board has BIOS updates :/

I did note the specs i thought.

windows 10

Flyingkiwidude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
We're going to need a little more information. Please list your specs like so: CPU: Motherboard: Ram: SSD/HDD: GPU: PSU: Chassis: OS: include the version if you're on Windows 10 Considering that the issue is with all drives, might want to include the make and models of said drives. As for your motherboard, is there a support site for that shady branded board? Often times boards that lack after sales support are the ones that cost far less than something that was from say Gigabyte or Asus. The latter also come with driver/BIOS support. I doubt that Jingsha board has BIOS updates :/
We're going to need a little more information. Please list your specs like so: CPU: Motherboard: Ram: SSD/HDD: GPU: PSU: Chassis: OS: include the version if you're on Windows 10 Considering that the issue is with all drives, might want to include the make and models of said drives. As for your motherboard, is there a support site for that shady branded board? Often times boards that lack after sales support are the ones that cost far less than something that was from say Gigabyte or Asus. The latter also come with driver/BIOS support. I doubt that Jingsha board has BIOS updates :/
That seems correct for USB 2.0 What USB drive do you use?