Question Very specific question about changing GPU fans ?

Aug 23, 2022
This is my situation: I currently have a GIGABYTE RX 570 GAMING 4GB. Where I live, the Biostar RX 6600XT is going for 220$ (converted from my currency) 2nd hand. If you follow review of this card, you'll know that it has one of the worst pair of fans on a gpu maybe ever. So my question is: Would the fans on the GIGABYTE RX 570 GAMING fit on the Biostar RX 6600XT?

I'm willing to go through the hassle of modding the fans to have a 6600XT at this price.

No, they would not. While some fans are interchangeable from one graphics card to another, I have never seen them be interchangeable from one generation to the next unless they are on the same model (Meaning, for example, last gen XC Ultra gaming to this gen XC Ultra gaming) AND basically the same cooling configuration (Meaning, for example, Twin Frozr to Twin Frozr). You can of course try to find the specific model number of the fans on each card but the chances between not only different generations, but different cooling tiers AND most importantly, different brands, makes it basically not a possibility at all.

Reactions: ötzi

ötzi

Proper
Apr 2, 2022
If you follow review of this card, you'll know that it has one of the worst pair of fans on a gpu maybe ever.

Then you might also want to look into exchanging the whole heatsink for a better performing one, since that is (apart from noisy fans) the "weakest link" on this GPU...

In other words; buy a proper 6600XT :)