Royal_Flush

Prominent
Sep 8, 2020
Hi,

I have a very specific problem concerning my display setup that I can't make any sense of.

The goal is to have both my PC and my Playstation connected to my projector. However, since my projector is on the other side of my room I need to use a 15m HDMI cable to reach it (If I want everything neat and tidy).

Therefore I wanted to use an HDMI merger to route both signals into the same cable so I need only one ultra long connection to my projector. As far as I understand the merger I bought is a passive part that can switch between the incoming signals via hardware button (Edit: Not that I think of it, "HDMI switcher" would have been a more accurate name to use).

For my Playstation I also need an Audio extractor because the integrated speakers of my projectors are exactly as bad as it sounds and the only dedicated audio out on the Playstation is optical which my speakers do not support. The Audio extractor is an active element with external power supply.

In total I want the setup shown in the image below (above the blue line).

The problem is that my projector does not receive any signal from my PC. I did some troubleshooting to try to isolate the problem and got the results in the image below the blue line. All the cables in the image are HDMI.

projector_setupryjb6.png

* in the last setup my PC recognizes some kind of display but can't identify it and the possible resolutions go higher than my projector's specs. The projector gets no signal. I suspect that that is the active Audio extractor giving some kind of feedback.

Does anybody have any idea what might be the cause of this? I'm a bit at loss here...

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
In your diagram (very nice presentation), please clarify which line represents the 15 m HDMI cable and what the other cable types and lengths are.

Is that HDMI cable (or any of the other cables for that matter) = "high performance"?

Make and model information for all devices?

Royal_Flush

Prominent
Sep 8, 2020
The 15m HDMI cable is between the projector and whatever is connected to it. I actually did not test yet if the regular monitor gets a signal if I connect it with the long cable. I will check that later. The cable is this one: German Amazon page

All other cables are random HDMI cables I had lying around, between 30cm and 2m. As far as I can see, none of them says "High Performance". My Graphics card is an Nvidia GTX960, the projector is a Sanyo PLV Z2000, the HDMI Switch/Merger is by Sowtech (I can't find any more specific info on the device and it's been quite some time since I bought it (I had a very similar setup in my old flat) and the Audio Extractor is Prozor HDMI to HDMI+analog Stereo audio converter, also without specific model information on the device.