Question Very strange GPU Issue

Mar 11, 2022
Hello, so recently I have been having this really weird issue with most likely my GPU.
So, when I boot up my PC for the first time in a day, it works fine, nothing is happening and it runs as it should, however, when I restart it/shutdown then start it up again, a lot of weird things start happening.

First off, my boot logo (Pro Series) becomes big (before it was small), sometimes my GPU fans also stop spinning for a couple seconds
then start up again, it seems like they're stuck in a loop.

When I try to go into BIOS(Click Bios), weird things start happening too, every tab I click on, the contents of it start overlapping and the language switches to Chinese and Spanish, I think.

The issue seems to only happen after I shut down the computer/restart it, however there was an exception, around 2 days ago
when I wanted to play CS:GO, my system froze at loading screen, and after restarting my PC I couldn't boot up with a signal.

I also recently flashed my BIOS to the newest version, but no issues like that were present after I did it or before I did it.

I do not have a second setup to test my GPU on.
Everything seems to work fine on integrated graphics.
I removed the BIOS battery for a couple minutes, put it back in, no results.
I tried swapping RAM sticks, putting them in different slots, no results.
I tried installing new GPU drivers, rolling them back to older versions, no results.
I'm also running DISM now incase it's something with the system itself, but I do not think it will do anything since i reinstalled my system not so long ago.

My specs are:
MOBO: H310M PRO-VDH(MS-7B29)
CPU: i3-8100 3.60GHz | Coffee Lake
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 550 Low Profile OC 4GB GDDR5
RAM: 2x GOODRAM IRIDIUM 8GB 2133MHz CL15 DDR4
PSU: Akyga Basic AK-B1-400
HDD(system install): Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" SATA III / ST1000DM010
SSD: KINGSTON A400 480GB SSD

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022
I just found out that the card refuses to work with any AMD drivers, tried latest versions, oldest version available from the website, nothing.
It seems that the card only works with the basic microsoft display driver.
I honestly don't know what's going on.

Mar 11, 2022
get another psu and gpu for testing
I will soon, but strange thing happened today.
I was running on my integrated graphics and I used rufus to create a linux mint bootable usb, I booted into linux and everything worked flawlessly.
Now the weird part, after I did that, I was able to boot into windows(with the usb stick still in) without any issues, with gpu working properly, without any changes done to it whatsoever.
Is my computer haunted?

TRENDING THREADS