[SOLVED] VERY Strange Issue With Monitor

Jul 4, 2021
I have a problem with my main monitor and it is like one I have never seen before. I have had this monitor for 7 months now and it just started doing this. Sometimes, the monitor is all washed out in white and you can see streaks of white if there is a black image over the monitor. It is very hard to explain what it is that I am seeing. Its almost like the monitor is very foggy and the colors get distorted. The strange thing is it doesn't stay like this and will eventually fix itself but the problem then comes right back the next day. What I have found out is if I take a screen capture, the monitor looks normal which tells me it has nothing to do with the color settings. Another thing I have found is if I turn the monitor off then back on, it goes away, but then after 30 seconds it "grows" back again.

I have attached a picture showing it the best I can. I have 2 monitors and the one on the bottom is the one with the issue. Both monitors have the exact same picture (which is just Discord)

image0.jpg

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Try and hook the monitors(affected by the issue) over to a donor system. If the issue crops up there, when yu know that the issue was not present prior on donor system, then the issue could very well be your panels or the cables connected said panels to system.

I'm leaning towards the panels being faulty/failing. You can also try and swap the cables with known working cables from a friend or neighbor and see if the issue persists. Just for relevance's sake, make sure that your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version and that you've tried DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reinstalled them in an elevated command with the latest driver version. By elevated command, I mean, Right click...

Lutfij

Titan

Try and hook the monitors(affected by the issue) over to a donor system. If the issue crops up there, when yu know that the issue was not present prior on donor system, then the issue could very well be your panels or the cables connected said panels to system.

I'm leaning towards the panels being faulty/failing. You can also try and swap the cables with known working cables from a friend or neighbor and see if the issue persists. Just for relevance's sake, make sure that your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version and that you've tried DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reinstalled them in an elevated command with the latest driver version. By elevated command, I mean, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Version of Windows 10?

Solution
Jul 4, 2021

I'm leaning towards the panels being faulty/failing. You can also try and swap the cables with known working cables from a friend or neighbor and see if the issue persists. Just for relevance's sake, make sure that your motherboard is on the latest BIOS version and that you've tried DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reinstalled them in an elevated command with the latest driver version. By elevated command, I mean, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Version of Windows 10?
Thank you! Glad to be here!

Yesterday I actually swapped the cable from the working monitor to the not-working monitor and the issue was still there, I then tried swapping both cables from the GPU where they are plugged in and the issue was still there. I will try using another system and see where that gets me. My motherboard BIOS should be the most up to date but I will check. I will also try uninstalling and reinstalling GPU drivers.

My windows version is Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19043 Build 19043