Very strange problem after deleting OEM Partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jords

Reputable
Mar 10, 2015
I've upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday, I had 2 Partitions, One being Windows 10 Preview and the other being Windows 8.1 Pro.

I used 8.1 Pro and upgraded to Windows 10, All was fine until this morning, I decided to delete the Windows 10 Preview partition, However looking through I saw I had a Recovery Partition (100MB) And I OEM partition, I decided to delete the OEM partition and I re-booted and got a blue screen saying my PC needs to be repaired and the OS cannot be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors

File: \WINDOWS\System32\winload.exe
Error code: 0xc000000f

It says to use recovery tools, My options Enter to try again, F8 for start-up settings, f9 to use a different OS,

This is where it gets very weird for me,

Even after I put a USB in, None of them options work except F9 to use a different OS, Where it shows my boot options as if I had not installed Windows 10 (Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Technical preview)

So I click Windows 8.1, And strangely enough Windows 10 boots and I log in using the passwords I set for Windows 10, All my apps are there I downloaded using on Windows 10?

Can someone please help solve this, It's very weird, for me anyway?

Solution
Google "Windows 10 Dual Boot" and take a look at recent writings regarding the boot.ini file. I had a similiar situation and between myself and some utility app I messed things up a bit. Compare your configuration to how things should be with respect to what you expect: i.e., boot order etc..

Order matters and it does not take much for things to go all astray. Post your boot.ini file if necessary - someone may spot a specific error.

Ralston18

Titan
Google "Windows 10 Dual Boot" and take a look at recent writings regarding the boot.ini file. I had a similiar situation and between myself and some utility app I messed things up a bit. Compare your configuration to how things should be with respect to what you expect: i.e., boot order etc..

Order matters and it does not take much for things to go all astray. Post your boot.ini file if necessary - someone may spot a specific error.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.