[SOLVED] Very STRANGE WIFI issue when connecting to online games

Nov 2, 2020
Hello to everyone,
I'm asking here, for the first time because i hope there is a man that can resolve this:
My laptop can connect to the 5Ghz WiFi, it can surf on the internet, watch videos etc. , BUT every time i try to connect to an online game (like LoL, Overwatch) i got disconnected.
The real problem is that my brother , who is connected to the same WiFi , doesn't have any problem with online gaming.
I've tried nearly everything including firewall exceptions, disabling antivirus, reinstalling drivers, a clean reinstallation of Win10 ...
So the problem is : why can my brother's laptop do everything and mine can't connect to online games, if we use the SAME WiFi, in the SAME PLACE? ( I don have problems with the ethernet, neither using a 2,4Ghz WiFi, but i can't figure out why my laptop can't connect to online games)

My network adapter is intel AC9560 160MHz
My router is a Fritzbox 7530

I really hope this is resolvable by someone...
Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
It would be really nice if wifi told you why things break. At best you get a message in the event log saying it was disconnected which you already know.

I would try a youtube video and see if it disconnects. All I can think of it is somehow traffic related.

There are few things you can try and you have done most already. Maybe try a older driver if you have the current ones but that is unlikely to help.

If 2.4g works I would play games on 2.4g and if you need to download something big switch over to the 5g. Games use almost no bandwidth but they run constantly. It takes only tiny disruptions to cause lag in games.
Nov 2, 2020
Make and model router?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router?

You will need help from that person.
It's a Fritzbox 7530, i think i have the full admin rights to the router, i can access to the router settings.

It would be really nice if wifi told you why things break. At best you get a message in the event log saying it was disconnected which you already know.

I would try a youtube video and see if it disconnects. All I can think of it is somehow traffic related.

There are few things you can try and you have done most already. Maybe try a older driver if you have the current ones but that is unlikely to help.

If 2.4g works I would play games on 2.4g and if you need to download something big switch over to the 5g. Games use almost no bandwidth but they run constantly. It takes only tiny disruptions to cause lag in games.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS