[SOLVED] Very subtle changes in brightness on my Samsung monitor depending on screen content

Skyhigh949

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Hello everyone!

I've got a Samsung SF350 and the brightness changes ever so slightly, depending on the screen content e.g if I'm scrolling down Reddit, there'll be subtle changes in the brightness depending on what's on the screen. The changes are very subtle, but tbh it's driving me insane. I've played around with all sorts of settings on my monitor and in the Nvidia control panel (like changing the refresh rate, output dynamic range etc), but nothing seems to work. I'd really appreciate if if someone could help out. Thanks!

Monitor: LS24F350FHEXXS
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
MB: GA-Z170X-Gaming 3

Solution
I just read through some forums and it seems many other people have this issue with that monitor. You could try turning off eco-friendly mode, as that can usually change brightness to save power. I also saw someone did something in the Raedon control panel and unlocked a black point setting on the monitor that was used to fix it. I dont really know though, im not great with monitors and displays.
Hello everyone!

I've got a Samsung SF350 and the brightness changes ever so slightly, depending on the screen content e.g if I'm scrolling down Reddit, there'll be subtle changes in the brightness depending on what's on the screen. The changes are very subtle, but tbh it's driving me insane. I've played around with all sorts of settings on my monitor and in the Nvidia control panel (like changing the refresh rate, output dynamic range etc), but nothing seems to work. I'd really appreciate if if someone could help out. Thanks!

Monitor: LS24F350FHEXXS
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
MB: GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
Have you tried disabling auto-brightness? It adjusts off of background lighting and the monitor may be detecting reflected light off you or nearby objects, hence the reason why it gets bright, when you see something bright. The setting may not be auto brightness, it might have a similar name but this must be done through the monitor, usually using side buttons. This cant be done in Nvidia control panel. Hope this helps!

Skyhigh949

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Have you tried disabling auto-brightness? It adjusts off of background lighting and the monitor may be detecting reflected light off you or nearby objects, hence the reason why it gets bright, when you see something bright. The setting may not be auto brightness, it might have a similar name but this must be done through the monitor, usually using side buttons. This cant be done in Nvidia control panel. Hope this helps!

That's the first thing I tried, but unfortunately there isn't any such option. I was sure there would be, but manufacturers seem to forget the most obvious stuff... :(

I just read through some forums and it seems many other people have this issue with that monitor. You could try turning off eco-friendly mode, as that can usually change brightness to save power. I also saw someone did something in the Raedon control panel and unlocked a black point setting on the monitor that was used to fix it. I dont really know though, im not great with monitors and displays.

Solution