Very unstable 1070ti overclock

Dec 23, 2018
So , before overclocking i used to get 144fps easily on fortnite with the highest settings . occasionally dipped here and there but i guess that is normal. Now i struggle to even 120fps on medium settings.

But then one day i decided to overclock my GPU, which is an inno 3d 1070ti

So i did the basics , increased power limit and temp limit to the max , then i put my core clock to +200 and memory clock to +400

It was stable at first then it kept on crashing over and over , so i had to keep decreasing my core clock everytime my PC crashed . So i kept decreasing the core clock -10 everytime it crashed.
Now the core clock is at +20 lol(used to be 200) and the memory clock is +320 (still the PC Crashes from time to time)

From what i noticed my GPU core clock had to be slowed down by me only after a new driver update. Because if i don't slow down the core clock it'd crash again and again , when in a game.

So when my core clock was around +200 i capped the temp to 88, because sometimes the card would be running at 92 degree celcius for hours. i feared that this would kill the GPU

Is my GPU crashing because i capped the temp? or is it slowing down after every new driver update ? When it crashes it dosen't just crash the game , it's a full system reboot.

So what can i do to get a good overclock , or to fix this issue ?

*The PC crashes sometimes even when the temp limit is set to 92 degrees*

My PC specs:
Ryzen 7 1700x
Inno 3D 1070Ti
16GB RAM

Dec 23, 2018

I've been doing that . By doing that my core clock has gone down from +200 to +20 (i've been decreasing the core clock by 10 everytime my PC crashed) , if i continue decreasing the core clock i'll go to 0 eventually . Then what's the point of overclocking ?