[SOLVED] Very Unstable Ryzen 7 2600x system

Dec 27, 2018
I just purchased a new set of parts for my new Ryzen system

MB: ASRock X470 Master SLI/AC AM4 AMD Promontory
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7 GHz (4.3 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 105W
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1+, 80 Plus Gold 750W
Mem: G.SKILL FORTIS Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)
Video: EVGTX10603G GeForce GTX 1060

At first, I thought most of my BSOD issues were related to windows, but the system would even BSOD during the windows install.
I thought it might be a memory issue. I ran MemTest86 with 4 passes and never saw any errors. The system seems a bit more stable using only 16 of the 32 gigs. The memory is on the Asrock approved list.

I may have narrowed down part of the issue to using my USB 3 hub (plugable 7 port powered hub). I am also using a Cable matters USB 3 extension cable. When the hub is plugged into the PC I get all sorts of BSODs. I thought it might have been the extension cable, but if I only have my wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse combo plugged in it is a bit more stable (still not 100%). I tried another identical cable to rule that out, but it still see a BSOD with it. I also have to have it plugged into the USB 2 ports to ensure it does not BSOD every few minutes. Using the USB 3.1 gen 1 ports is even worse. I still have issue not using the cable at all.

I have seen the dxgmms2.sys and nvlddmkm.sys after installing the latest Nvidia drivers. This happens on my current and a new install of windows 10. It could be an issue with Video card, but My old GFX 960 and my new card seem to have the same issues. I read a lot about the PSU may be under-powering the cards. That is also a possibility.

Regardless of everything I have experiments with, the system is very unstable. I really feel it may be a motherboard issue so I did order a replacement to rule it out.

Any other thoughts or opinions would be welcome.

Solution
dxgmms2.sys - Could be a corrupt graphic driver causing this error. Reinstall the drivers or look for an older driver prior to the latest.

For the nvlddmkm.sys follow this:
Go to your NVIDIA folder (located in C:\NVIDIA), and look for the file named nvlddmkm.sy.

Next, copy the file at the root of C:. In most cases, this file name is C:\nvlddmkm.sy_.

Now, head to the system folder that houses your drivers (in many cases, this is C:\Windows\System32\drivers\).

Locate the nvlddmkm.sys file, and rename it as nvlddmkm.sys.old.

Now, open the command prompt by pressing the Windows key + R and typing cmd.

Type cd, followed by the Enter key. Then, type expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys, and press Enter again.

This...

mtracy1991

Reputable
dxgmms2.sys - Could be a corrupt graphic driver causing this error. Reinstall the drivers or look for an older driver prior to the latest.

For the nvlddmkm.sys follow this:
Go to your NVIDIA folder (located in C:\NVIDIA), and look for the file named nvlddmkm.sy.

Next, copy the file at the root of C:. In most cases, this file name is C:\nvlddmkm.sy_.

Now, head to the system folder that houses your drivers (in many cases, this is C:\Windows\System32\drivers\).

Locate the nvlddmkm.sys file, and rename it as nvlddmkm.sys.old.

Now, open the command prompt by pressing the Windows key + R and typing cmd.

Type cd, followed by the Enter key. Then, type expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys, and press Enter again.

This command will allow you to unzip the nvlddmkm.sys file (which was previously saved at the root of C:) and create a new file instance.

Copy the new file to C:\WindowsSystem\32drivers, and then restart your PC to let the changes take effect.

Once done, please keep me updated.

Solution