Very urgent, help please!

broteinshake

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hi!

So my computer has crashed. I was playing Serious Sam HD when I got a nasty blue screen. The text was all jumbled and smeared. I got a blue screen about 2 hours before this one, I was playing CSS. And the whole day, my computer was a little bit slower. Anyways, my computer was in blue screen cycle for about 10 min. It would start, show the windows loading screen, show a black screen, then proceed to crash. There were many errors, one was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I finally got into to my desktop, but it was blank. An error message popped up saying that desktop is unavailable. In the end, I was able to get to my desktop with everything one it, but my computer crashes within 5 min. So, what happened? Is this fixable? Do I need a new hard drive? Thanks!

Solution
From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557321%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

"The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA)"

In my experience, this is points to (as the bugcheck indicates at face value) a piece of hardware in the system has failed, or a hardware component is running too hot making the system think it is failing.

Download HWMonitor and check all of the temps. Post them here if nothing looks obviously out of order.

From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557321%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

"The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA)"

In my experience, this is points to (as the bugcheck indicates at face value) a piece of hardware in the system has failed, or a hardware component is running too hot making the system think it is failing.

Download HWMonitor and check all of the temps. Post them here if nothing looks obviously out of order.

Solution

broteinshake

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

I wish I could run it, but my computer seriously can't go 5-10 min without crashing. However, I was keeping an eye on my CPU temps frequently, and they were at normal temps. I still have a feeling it's my hard drive. I'll see how my computer is tomorrow afternoon and let you know how it's going.

broteinshake

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Nope, no overclocking. I got my computer from cyberpower about 2 years ago. I swapped out a few things, the only original parts are the CPU, memory, hard drive, motherboard, and CPU cooler.

broteinshake

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

Ok, so installed and ran HWMonitor, and eveything came back fine. The temps didn't really concern me. But here are my temps if you think something is wrong: Motherboard 32c, CPU 45c, Core, 38c, HDD 34c, and Radeon 6900 series 64c. I also ran Crystaldisk to check the state of my hard drive, it said it was in good repair