Question Very very very long boot

Dec 3, 2019
Any idea why a laptop will apparently not start up, just a black screen, with keyboard back lights working, but when left on for a long time (like overnight) will suddenly start up and work fine until the next on off cycle? Is that indicative of some hardware failure and what would cause it to suddenly begin to work?

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro model 20666 with an Intel I5.
that sounds like if everything passed then you may have a virus, i had to reset a buddys laptop that was doing someething "kinda" similar it turned out the reason for it doing so was there was a Trojan. so everytime he would boot his pc and it connected to an internet source someone was taking all his info before it would fully post and boot.

that sounds like if everything passed then you may have a virus, i had to reset a buddys laptop that was doing someething "kinda" similar it turned out the reason for it doing so was there was a Trojan. so everytime he would boot his pc and it connected to an internet source someone was taking all his info before it would fully post and boot.
in these cases it usually best to replace the device or if you can warrenty it and tell them it was there fault the pc wont boot 99% likly they will test it for like 3 minutes then throw it in the scrap pile... i know i worked for lenovo...

Dec 3, 2019
So i got it to boot up again. It went into Windows 10 and i was able to logon. It is not under warranty any longer. I am running more diagnostics but so far nothing. I think i would like to do a complete wipe and reload. Can i get into the BIOS without rebooting or do i need to shutdown? I don't think i can boot into BIOS because the boot is so unreliable.

So i got it to boot up again. It went into Windows 10 and i was able to logon. It is not under warranty any longer. I am running more diagnostics but so far nothing. I think i would like to do a complete wipe and reload. Can i get into the BIOS without rebooting or do i need to shutdown? I don't think i can boot into BIOS because the boot is so unreliable.
you need to atleast restart the pc