Very weird and high pitch sound coming from PC

cwyt

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
I can't tell the exact spot from where the sound is coming but it appears whenever I use my CPU very much ( mostly games, like Battlefield 3 , DotA 2 (+ streaming) CS:GO.

My computer is brand new, except the HDD ( i bought a SSD and using the old HDD for more storage) and the graphics card ( gtx 650 ti , but it didn't make this sound before)

Computer spec :
Intel Core i5 4590
8 GB ram 1600 Mhz HyperX
SSD 120 gb hyperx
MSi z97 PC mate
nJoy Titan 500 W PSU

Oh yea, when I alt tab the sound is gone. It looks like it has something to do with the CPU usage.

I've opened the case and the sound comes from the MOBO GPU CPU area.

cwyt

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014

its a $50 one, but I've been told they are good, I doubt that the PSU makes that noise, considering I've tried to listen to it as well and it doesnt make any sound, its very weird, cuz when I alt tab and the CPU usage goes down , the sound is gone, or like 95-98%

cwyt

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014

Considering I was playing on the same video card 1 day ago and it didnt make any sound i dont think that is the case, CS:GO is using very low of the GPU and it still makes this sound, so its very hard for me to believe the GPU is making this sound .

tunatunado

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
try downloading a software to reduce your cpu fan speed.
start playing, reduce the speed to the minimum, and play again. if it keeps loud it is not cpu, if reduces we know it may be cpu fan ;D

TRENDING THREADS