Very Weird hard drive probelm

G

Hi everyone !

I have a very very weird problem . I have an accer aspire 5740 laptop and yesterday suddenly it wasn't detecting my internal hard drive.. as it was old, it thought the hard drive is dead .but when I plugged that internal hard drive into my pc, it was working absolutely fine. And then when i plugged my another internal drive from my compaq laptop to accer 5740 , the hard drive was showing and my accer was working absolutely fine...I also formatted my accer drive and plugged it back on accer but it was detecting it.... my accer is detecting every other hard drive except it's own ... so, what should i do know????

Solution
Firstly make sure you have all critical data backed up, then scan any and all drives concerned with uptodate antivirus and antimalware such as BitDefender and Malwarebytes, then run Check Disk or meatier hard drive analysis tools if you have them

My expectation though, would be the same as yours - if an old hard drive suddenly disappears, it is probably starting to die - and I wouldn't let it's re-appearance or apparent ok-ness on other systems fool you

Take this as an opportunity to fit your laptop with a lovely speedy SSD, such as the Crucial MX100!!! You'll never regret it....

snowctrl

Distinguished
Firstly make sure you have all critical data backed up, then scan any and all drives concerned with uptodate antivirus and antimalware such as BitDefender and Malwarebytes, then run Check Disk or meatier hard drive analysis tools if you have them

My expectation though, would be the same as yours - if an old hard drive suddenly disappears, it is probably starting to die - and I wouldn't let it's re-appearance or apparent ok-ness on other systems fool you

Take this as an opportunity to fit your laptop with a lovely speedy SSD, such as the Crucial MX100!!! You'll never regret it....

Solution
G

Upgrading will be good choice ... But my accer hardrive works perfectly fine on my pc and also on the compaq laptop......And compaq laptop's hard drive works perfectly fine on accer laptop ... only accer laptops hard drive isn't working on it....and that too suddenly it happened ...what could be the reason???