Question Very weird lag I've been getting... NEED HELP!

Jul 14, 2020
I've been getting this weird lag or whatever it is since November or December of 2019 and it's driving me crazy, especially in CS:GO when I'm playing competitive. I have no idea what to do and I'm just tired of having this issue.

Here is an example of my issue on CS:GO. Keep in mind that I get this issue when I play any game (CS:GO, Minecraft, GTA V, Valorant, Overwatch) and it also happens when I play skribbl.io with friends.

View: https://youtu.be/sceiqoGgsGY

In that CS:GO example, you can look at my net_graph and clearly see that my game is not frozen because I can look around and my FPS is very high. Adding to that, my ping doesn't spike or anything and my SV / Packet Loss seems to be looking pretty normal so I didn't see anything wrong on my end.

Here are all my fixes I've tried:

Installing Old NVIDIA drivers (I think it was a version from like November or October and this problem kept on happening)
Updated all my drivers to the latest version
Updated BIOS to version 7A33v4G (did this one instead of the beta one as I didn't want to break anything)
RESET MY WHOLE PC (Reinstalled Windows)

I have no idea what to do. This problem is really annoying and I just want to get rid of this issue ASAP as I get really annoyed playing competitive games. Thanks for helping me.

Here are my specs (PCPARTPICKER LIST LINK CLICK HERE):

Ryzen 7 1700X
MSI X370 Gaming Pro
Corsair H100i v2 AIO
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200mhz memory kit
2x PNY CS900 120GB SSD
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
GIGABYTE GTX 1080 8GB DX5
NZXT S340 Elite Case
EVGA BQ 850W 80+ Bronze PSU

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY