Question Very weird situation with my pcs

akylen

Commendable
Feb 21, 2019
Hi, i have a particular problem with two of my pcs , i am explaining :

So i have , or had this setup for the past 1/2 years :

i7 3820 ddr3 1600Mhz GTX 1080 P9X79 watercooling corsair h60 push/pull

and i had no problem with it so far , just that i was dropping fps sometime but this is normal because this is starting to get old by now.

so i upgraded to that

Ryzen 5 3600
GTX 1080
DDR4 32GB 2400MHz
Asrock b250 gaming k4
Stock Fan AMD

And after playing some time with it , i started to feel like people prefired me more often than with my previous build , like not a placebo , a real feeling , couldn't do anything in duel against people in games.

So i switched back , and with my i7 3820 and i played better.

Next i tried with this next :

i5 10600k
RTX 3070
DDR4 16GB 3200MHz
Be quiet! dark rock air cooler
MPG z490 gaming plus

and again , same thing , couldn't hit anyone , loosing all fights and all duels by getting one tapped before i could move.

So i was wondering , the only thing , but i am not sure that is the culprit would be the CPU (i7 3820) but why , i play better with it and can't hit anything with the others , i can't understand .

Cordially, Thanks for reading

Akylen

Hi, i have a particular problem with two of my pcs , i am explaining :

So i have , or had this setup for the past 1/2 years :

i7 3820 ddr3 1600Mhz GTX 1080 P9X79 watercooling corsair h60 push/pull

and i had no problem with it so far , just that i was dropping fps sometime but this is normal because this is starting to get old by now.

so i upgraded to that

Ryzen 5 3600
GTX 1080
DDR4 32GB 2400MHz
Asrock b250 gaming k4
Stock Fan AMD

And after playing some time with it , i started to feel like people prefired me more often than with my previous build , like not a placebo , a real feeling , couldn't do anything in duel against people in games.

So i switched back , and with my i7 3820 and i played better.

Next i tried with this next :

i5 10600k
RTX 3070
DDR4 16GB 3200MHz
Be quiet! dark rock air cooler
MPG z490 gaming plus

and again , same thing , couldn't hit anyone , loosing all fights and all duels by getting one tapped before i could move.

So i was wondering , the only thing , but i am not sure that is the culprit would be the CPU (i7 3820) but why , i play better with it and can't hit anything with the others , i can't understand .

Cordially, Thanks for reading

Akylen
On the Ryzen systems, did you enable the memory XMP profile? If you go into the BIOS (or look at settings from inside of Windows), does it show the RAM is actually running at its rated speed? It is somewhat common that a new install may not enable the full RAM speed without you going into the BIOS and telling it to use it.

akylen

Commendable
Feb 21, 2019
Im upping this post because the situation is still the same , when i play with my old pc i dont get feels like "prefire" kills, even when i shot , it feels laggy , and my game is more responsive on my old pc

I still dont know where it could come from , electricity ? i really dont know , the only thing i know , is that there is a problem

Last edited:

akylen

Commendable
Feb 21, 2019
NVidia Reflex on on both setups , but it does it even on cs, who doesn't have Nvidia reflex.Hz are the same , i use the same monitor at 240hz

Yeah i know its strange, but i can garanty that i feel the difference between the two , and i suspect that this is a dirty electrical in the house , people recommend to use a ups , i dont know about that honestly