VG2433SMH vs MX239H : IPS Gaming

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
Hello there guys.

I'm considering upgrading my W2261VP (LG TN with 2ms latency) with a new IPS panel. I'm mainly using the monitor for gaming and regular home usage.
I do believe that the new generation IPS panels with new technologies are alright with gaming and the difference between TN panels aren't that noticeable.

Do you think it's really worth upgrading my current panel?

And furthermore, I can hardly find any reviews or threads about the Viewsonic monitor which has some great feedback on Amazon. Do you think it's as good if not better than the popular Asus?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I personally have the Asus monitor and I can say that it is great! I don't play anything super competitive so I don't need 1ms response times but it's up to you to be honest. I would definitely get an IPS panel compared to a TN, the colours are much better!

_JakeDavies

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
I personally have the Asus monitor and I can say that it is great! I don't play anything super competitive so I don't need 1ms response times but it's up to you to be honest. I would definitely get an IPS panel compared to a TN, the colours are much better!

Solution