[SOLVED] VG2438SM 1200p display will go into standby too frequently or for too long during boot.

p7r0x7

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
VG2438SM 1200p display will go into standby too frequently or for too long during boot.

The monitor sometimes won't recognize properly when to turn on. It also fails save certain BIOS settings (B450 GIGABYTE).

I know this is monitor specific because I also used a stock DELL monitor; it worked flawlessly.

Is there a fix to this?

Solution
Issue solved; the CSM Support feature (disabled for RAID troubleshooting) was causing incompatibility with my graphics card. It was not a problem with the monitor.

jamesanyoung

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
The first thing to try is to disconnect the DP cable at both ends and give it a minute before reconnecting.

You can also go into your Power and Sleep settings and confirm the settings in there.

Is the Monitor plugged into a graphics card or the Mobo?

p7r0x7

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
The monitor is attached to an RX 580. Connecting to the motherboard will do nothing as the CPU has no integrated graphics driver.

Also, as of current there is no operating system installed for me to adjust settings in. Besides, when there was, the monitor responded fine (but slowly) during OS use. It is only the BIOS/Boot where this is an issue.

p7r0x7

Prominent
Feb 27, 2019
Issue solved; the CSM Support feature (disabled for RAID troubleshooting) was causing incompatibility with my graphics card. It was not a problem with the monitor.

Solution