Question Vg270u ASUS 1440p 75hz monitor looks blurry slightly in game and texts and some video. Can't work out why, anyone able to help?

Zombiespaz

Honorable
May 17, 2014
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new 1440p monitor as thought it was time for an upgrade and was first super happy with my purchase, IPS panel looks miles better than tn and so does 1440!

However when I played assassins creed odyssey I noticed slightly certain things were a little blurry, as if it was anti ailising etc or something.

However the text in certain apps also looks like it and sometimes I think video does as well.

Several things I've tried thus far-

Reducing aliasing and turning it off but didn't make much difference.
  • changing scaling to 125 on windows 10 at its native resolution and 1920 x 1080 and no difference.
  • manually selecting the scale to 100, no difference.

- the OSD has super sharpening as an option but this then makes edges look too sharp but does improve some aspect of the blurriness.

-changing refresh rate from 60 to 75 and back again and testing but no difference.

-disconnecting my 2nd 1080p monitor, no difference.

- changing the scaling factor on OSD from aspect ratio to 1:1 then to full and no difference.

I love this monitor but it's bugging me, dark souls 2 however looked sharp completely.

Not sure if I'm just getting used to the screen or if there's something I can't figure out... Really hope it's an easy fix.

Please could anyone help out with this?

Thanks it's appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS