[SOLVED] VGA driver for motherboard

Feb 13, 2019
I just built my new computer and was about to install the drivers for my motherboard. My motherboard is Asus Prime Z370a ii. On the website, there is a driver for VGA, and I was wondering if I should install it? Based on the driver name itself, I can tell is for the VGA connector, so my question is, is there a point in installing it? Because I plug my monitor via Display Port to the graphics card and not the motherboard.

Solution
I just built my new computer and was about to install the drivers for my motherboard. My motherboard is Asus Prime Z370a ii. On the website, there is a driver for VGA, and I was wondering if I should install it? Based on the driver name itself, I can tell is for the VGA connector, so my question is, is there a point in installing it? Because I plug my monitor via Display Port to the graphics card and not the motherboard.

I wouldn't bother with that as you use a discrete graphics card with it's own drivers. If at some point you should have need to remove the graphics card you can limp along on the default drivers built in with Windows10 to install the latest and greatest drivers for the IGPU.

I wouldn't bother with that as you use a discrete graphics card with it's own drivers. If at some point you should have need to remove the graphics card you can limp along on the default drivers built in with Windows10 to install the latest and greatest drivers for the IGPU.

Solution