VGA - DVII Adapter

Rohna_

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
hey ! I got problem with my 2nd monitor. it says "no signal found" . i got a graphics card with a VGA DVI and HDMI ports. my both monitor connected using VGA cable but the 2nd monitor uses VGA-DVI adapter yet it says no signal found. How can I solve this ? need help :(((

Solution
Because those are passive. They only work on DVI-I ports. If that card only has a DVI-D port those adapters won't work. You would need something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/LinkS-DVI-D-Active-Adapter-Converter/dp/B00Q8SZ0JO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489255789&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=active+dvi+to+vga+adapter&psc=1

This is the first result that came back in my search for an active DVI to VGA. (Meaning I nor Tom's hardware endorse this company or product. This is an example of what you need.) Those straight "pass through" adapters like you linked need to analog signal found in the DVI-I port. The adapter I linked costs more than that other adapter you linked, but is cheaper than a new monitor.

Rohna_

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

I just bought a VGA - DVI-I dual link Adapter
Monitor = Acer V193HQL
Video card = Nvidia GeForce GT 730

Rohna_

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

Oh Sorry Im bad at English .
my both monitor can use VGA only . so I bought a VGA - DVI adapter so i can connect it to my Video card. and it says no signal found

4745454b

Titan
I deleted your duplicate post. Don't worry if you get an email.

The problem is if you have DVI-D, you can't use the adapter. It's a DVI-Digital signal so your analog VGA port won't work. You'll need an active DVI to VGA adapter, or use DVI to DVI.

Rohna_

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

Thanks . dunno how to delete it lol xD
so i need a new monitor with a dvi port ? and use a dvi-dvi cable so i can use dual monitor ? i need to make sure that the 2nd monitor will appear soo i can buy a new monitor and cable .

Rohna_

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=vga+to+dvi+adapter&espv=2&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjC5Onv4c7SAhWMQpQKHVINBUcQ_AUIBigB&biw=1152&bih=709#imgrc=DiiMyBbSbq77nM:
i got this kind of adapter and it says no signal . and my monitor only supports vga

4745454b

Titan
Because those are passive. They only work on DVI-I ports. If that card only has a DVI-D port those adapters won't work. You would need something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/LinkS-DVI-D-Active-Adapter-Converter/dp/B00Q8SZ0JO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489255789&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=active+dvi+to+vga+adapter&psc=1

This is the first result that came back in my search for an active DVI to VGA. (Meaning I nor Tom's hardware endorse this company or product. This is an example of what you need.) Those straight "pass through" adapters like you linked need to analog signal found in the DVI-I port. The adapter I linked costs more than that other adapter you linked, but is cheaper than a new monitor.

Solution