Question VGA Error (Fans turn off)

Sep 13, 2020
Hello.

I have got a custom built PC from a reputable company and after I had an issue with my previous RTX 2070 Super they replaced it with a Gigabyte Aorus 2070 Super.

When I turn the pc on, there is 1 long beep followed by 3 short ones with a VGA light on motherboard, the fans stay on for 2 minutes then turn off. The first few startups I couldnt get a signal but finally managed to get to the start screen and was on my desktop but the fans were stopped and I was worried that it would overheat.

Is this a physical problem or driver issue? No drivers maybe?

Thanks.

Not a driver issue. Even without drivers the computer should turn on and get you a display. Did they install the card or did you? Cold be the card was not installed properly (missing the power cables to it) or a power supply issue, maybe the card was faulty or the issue was with the motherboard and not the video card.

You said the system starts up now to the desktop. If you start a game do the fans turn on at all on the card? If not, contact the vendor again and let them know.

Hello.

I have got a custom built PC from a reputable company and after I had an issue with my previous RTX 2070 Super they replaced it with a Gigabyte Aorus 2070 Super.

When I turn the pc on, there is 1 long beep followed by 3 short ones with a VGA light on motherboard, the fans stay on for 2 minutes then turn off. The first few startups I couldnt get a signal but finally managed to get to the start screen and was on my desktop but the fans were stopped and I was worried that it would overheat.

Is this a physical problem or driver issue? No drivers maybe?

Thanks.
they do that by design, they should ramp up as the card gets warm

Sep 13, 2020
Not a driver issue. Even without drivers the computer should turn on and get you a display. Did they install the card or did you? Cold be the card was not installed properly (missing the power cables to it) or a power supply issue, maybe the card was faulty or the issue was with the motherboard and not the video card.

You said the system starts up now to the desktop. If you start a game do the fans turn on at all on the card? If not, contact the vendor again and let them know.
My previous card also had a vga error. But before I heard a grinding sound. Perhaps the issue is with the motherboard then or something? But the vga light stays on.

Sep 13, 2020
they do that by design, they should ramp up as the card gets warm
If thats correct and my GPU is fine, what is causing the VGA error. On my previous card, I just turned the PC on one morning and heard a grinding sound and shutdown then on all subsequent launches it was VGA error with no display. This GPU just gets VGA error but managed to get to desktop. Any ideas?