Question VGA EZ DEBUG LIGHT

AiiDynBrus

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015
Hey guys, so my pc was running DDR3 so I’ve purchased a new motherboard, ram and CPU which is DDR4 and the parts are all compatible according to PCPARTPICKER. I’m having an issue where the MSI mother board has the VGA EZ DEBUG light on, my monitor recognises the hdmi signal and only displays a tiny white rectangle. I’ve checked all connections and have double checked all cables are plugged in.

I’ve also removed the CMOS Battery for 5 minutes.

Motherboard: MSI MAG B560 TOMAHAWK WIFI
CPU: Intel i7-11700k LGA1200
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 2x16GB
GPU: Nvidia TITAN X

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
my pc was running DDR3 so I’ve purchased a new motherboard, ram and CPU which is DDR4 and the parts are all compatible according to PCPARTPICKER
What were you workign with and what did you upgrade to? We're going to need a before and after of your system's specs, meaning this;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
but in two sets(before and after). Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

As for your upgrade, did you recycle your prior build's OS drive? As for the display issue, without the discrete GPU in your build, and connected off the motherboard's display port, do you get display(without the VGA LED)? Might want to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins as well. You also would need to include how you're cooling that K suffix processor.

AiiDynBrus

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2015
my pc was running DDR3 so I’ve purchased a new motherboard, ram and CPU which is DDR4 and the parts are all compatible according to PCPARTPICKER
What were you workign with and what did you upgrade to? We're going to need a before and after of your system's specs, meaning this;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
but in two sets(before and after). Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

As for your upgrade, did you recycle your prior build's OS drive? As for the display issue, without the discrete GPU in your build, and connected off the motherboard's display port, do you get display(without the VGA LED)? Might want to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins as well. You also would need to include how you're cooling that K suffix processor.

thank you for your response, I have added the parts lists for the old build and new build below. I believe I purchased the power supply back in 2015. My monitor is an Alienware AW2518HF which is only a year or two old. My older build was running fine this morning. I also noticed now that the cpu cooler pump might not of been plugged in but I don’t believe this would not let the pc boot at all. Could it be a faulty motherboard?

I have also tried only putting one ram into the DIMMA2 slot, tried not having my graphics card in at all and tried using the intergrated graphics but still the same results.

new build: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/pxMVTn
Old build: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/QWtsk9 (still had the same case NZXT H510 Flow)