SirLipe

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
GPU: AMD RX 5700 PowerColor Red Dragon
MOBO: MSi B450 Tomahawk Max
CPU: Ryzen R5 3600
RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V black DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit G.Skill 16GB 3200MHz
PSU: BeQuiet 600W Pure power 11 CM Semi-modular 80+ Gold
Storage: Intel 660p 1TB

This is my new PC that I had built yesterday and I was playing CoD when I got some message, idk what it was. Then I turned the PC off and played CoD again and then the same thing happened. IDK what actually happened to be honest. Now I get no screen even tho the GPU fans still spin sometimes. The VGA EzDebug light is on. Sometimes the light switches to CPU for a moment.

The PC worked fine but now it doesn't.

I tried it on a different monitor and on a TV. Both recieved no signal. Then I tried switching the PCIe port. And I tried HDMI and DP cables.

Could the GPU be dead?

Last edited:
You are not giving much info by saying "I got some message, idk what it was". You do understand that this message probably is critical to the solution.

What is your exact make and model of your PSU? Don't just say wattage.
Have you fully updated BIOS, chipset drivers, windows updates before it happened?
Can you try the GPU in another system?

SirLipe

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
You are not giving much info by saying "I got some message, idk what it was". You do understand that this message probably is critical to the solution.

What is your exact make and model of your PSU? Don't just say wattage.
Have you fully updated BIOS, chipset drivers, windows updates before it happened?
Can you try the GPU in another system?

I have the latest BIOS and the latest drivers for everything.
Updated the PSU info up top.

SirLipe

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
Ok, so is it possible to try the GPU in another system? A friend's PC maybe?
It does sound like it is the GPU's fault, so if you can also try another GPU and if it works ok, then RMA the card.
So I put in a GTX 750 Ti and now there is signal but Im stuck in bios. It wont boot windows. I think it doesn’t recognize the M.2 NVMe. The BOOT EzDebug light is on.

SirLipe

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
Can you try a different drive?
If it doesn't recognise NVMe and a GPU then it might be motherboard related. RMA means Return Merchandise Authorisation. It's the process you need to do in order to have your fault component replaced/fixed.
Okay so with the 750 Ti I can get into the bios but it doesn’t recognize the M.2 NVMe so I plugged in an HDD and this time it booted windows but now with the HDD connected mouse and keyboard aren’t working. I also tried using the RX 5700 in a different potato PC and it didn’t work. I got no signal from it nor the motherboard. Could be some compatibility issues though.

EDIT: I also cleared CMOS and nothing’s changed.
EDIT2: And that message said something like ‘’while you were gaming we changed some settings, would you like to take a look?’’ It was something like that.

Last edited:
If the other PC uses legacy BIOS instead of UEFI there is certain compatibility issues with the GPU.
So, with other drive you got windows but even more problems. I think it's the motherboard. If someone else from the forum can confirm this, that would be best.

Reactions: SirLipe

SirLipe

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
If the other PC uses legacy BIOS instead of UEFI there is certain compatibility issues with the GPU.
So, with other drive you got windows but even more problems. I think it's the motherboard. If someone else from the forum can confirm this, that would be best.
I hope we get another opinion. Kind of devastated with all the problems. Anyways, I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Reactions: dotas1

SirLipe

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
I plugged the RX 5700 into a third PC and I got no signal as well.

Last edited: