[SOLVED] VGA fans and MSI afterburner

vultusprime

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I have a Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC. By default the fans are passive until the temp reaches 60 degrees (I think).
When I start MSI afterburner it forces the VGA fans to spin. Are these fans designed only to works at a certain time, or is it ok if they are always on?

Solution
maybe it's my fault and did not explain it well enough.
I want to keep those fans running all the time, is it ok if I do that. Will they wear out faster or something?
Well every moving parts will wear overtime, but it's always fine to set the fan at the minimum or at your desired speeds. I used to have 2 gtx 1060 6gb gaming x and they have 0db fan mode, wont turn on until the card is pretty hot (i forgot how C°), so i decided to create a custom gpu fan profile.
maybe it's my fault and did not explain it well enough.
I want to keep those fans running all the time, is it ok if I do that. Will they wear out faster or something?
Well every moving parts will wear overtime, but it's always fine to set the fan at the minimum or at your desired speeds. I used to have 2 gtx 1060 6gb gaming x and they have 0db fan mode, wont turn on until the card is pretty hot (i forgot how C°), so i decided to create a custom gpu fan profile.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS